With most home remodeling projects, there is a myriad of decisions to make. In addition, the homeowner's choices are virtually endless. One of these decisions is whether to use a professional kitchen/bath designer, or not.
The KitchenWright believes professional designers add a significant amount of value to a kitchen or bath renovation. With that bias out in the open, a few tangible reasons for using a professional designer are listed below. Hopefully, these will provide better understanding of the benefits a professional designer brings to remodeling projects.
- Redesigning a kitchen possesses a number of special challenges. Choices made throughout the project are both expensive and permanent. When complete, the homeowner wants the kitchen to meet their needs, flow properly, and look as envisioned. A professional designer is trained to understand a client's vision and translate the vision into a well-functioning space. A designer's expertise ensures the end result matches the desired style, works effectively, and meets unique needs.
- Kitchen and bath designers often reduce costs by using more efficient cabinet layouts, awareness of lower cost options, and avoiding expensive corrections or repairs to a poor design.
- A professional designer is knowledgeable in kitchen and bath planning guidelines. Following these guidelines ensures meeting local building codes and safety regulations and makes the space more functional for the homeowner. Two examples include designing sufficient countertop space next to cooking surfaces and knee space for island seating areas.
- The space being redesigned may create design challenges ... numerous doorways or angled walls. Professional designers are trained to develop various options for complex spaces that achieve the desired functionality and aesthetics.
- Professional designers work with homeowners to consider all the details of a project. This includes developing the necessary drawings, paying attention to lighting and electrical requirements, and choosing cabinet hardware and finishes to enhance the final design.
While the above items are not an exhaustive list, a professional designer provides valuable assistance in creating an attractive space to meet needs, maximizing the project's budget, and solving problems encountered throughout the project.